Tuesday 16 September 2008

Joote lo!

After the wedding, I could finally identify my true friends (those who helped steal the joote, and did NOT participate in lifting up Jatin at the time of garland-exchange) from the daga-baaz ones (who I do not wish to name :P).
What I cannot understand is why people might want to participate in hiding the joote. While there is a strong incentive for the party stealing the joote, there is no incentive for the party hiding them - apart from saving the guys money.
IMO, the incentives should be better balanced. Else my choice, in a wedding where I know both the guy and the girl, is quite obviously to help the girl in stealing the joote :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Its not about the materialistic incentive. Its about the pleasure of looking at the failed faces of stealing party. Its about beating the system. Its about one common man standing for the cause of another common man.
Damm... A Wednesday has gone into my head....

Jatin Bharadia said...

You do have a point.

But as Anuj said, its about helping a helpless so that he can help you back at your time. Most of the people who help the "Dulha" are guys who aspire to be in similar shoes some day. :D

What they don't seem to realize or underestimate the chances of is that in future the guy they helped will be on the stealing or at least on the non-helping side (by the "vegetarian" argument).

Prajakta Kalekar said...

@Anuj - You know my choice is very clear when it comes to a certain wedding in Nov :)
@Jatin - Good point! But didnt get the vegetarian argument part of it..

Rupsha said...

Ha ha... I agree.. it's definitely more fun attending a wedding from the gal's side... Hopefully this would define your allegiance for a certain wedding in Dec ;-)